West Palm Beach, Fl. - The fourth and final round of qualifying for Palm Beach Kennel Club’s $50,000 James W. Paul 3/8ths Mile Derby takes place Sunday afternoon February 19.
Starting with an original field of 39 hopefuls, there are now 16 Greyhounds who have a shot at making the final eight and an opportunity of winning the $25,000 first-place purse.
Heading into the semifinals, two Greyhounds are tied for the top spot in point earnings, Royal Racing Team’s stake veteran Go Bon Nice Lee and B & B Racing Kennel’s super-early speedster AMF Sultana, who each scored two wins and a second in qualifying.
The lineup for Sunday afternoon’s semifinals:
1. Starz Stomper (Lonesome Cry - Starz Joann, B & B Racing Kennel)
2. Glagow (Kiowa Mon Manny - Goldie Donna, James Douglas Kennel)
3. WP’s Madonna (Fuzzys Cannon - Fuzzys Arizona, Arthur Agannis Kennel)
4. Go Bon Nice Lee (Trent Lee - Go Bon Pure Evil, Royal Racing Team Kennel)
5. Blazin Spitfire (Dragon Fire - Tin Nee Ann, Marsella Racing Kennel)
6. Atascocita Venus (Atascocita Leroy - Atascocita Trish, Suncoast Kennel)
7. RK’s Chi Chi (Fuzzys Cannon - RK’s Proformance, Rader Racing Kennel)
8. Jazzy Ole Babe (Flying Penske - USS Untouched, Brindle Kennel)
1. JS Kerry Oki (Dodgem By Design - Soft Melody, Collins / Neola Joe Kennel)
2. AMF Sultana (Kiowa Mon Manny - AMF Gentle Breez, B & B Racing)
3. Turbo Sara (Bob’s Skeet - Turbo Wind Blown, Rader Racing)
4. Atascocita Tana (Atascocita Leroy - Atascocita Flame, Suncoast)
5. BM Murphy (Flying Penske - RC’s Jamie, Brindle Kennel)
6. Hilco Burner (Kiowa Sweet Trey - Larks Bronx, B & B Racing)
7. SE’s Rage N Ice (Iceman Brutus* - Flying Zaharias, Steve Gilster Kennel)
8. ADZ (Lonesome Cry - Goldie Donna, James Douglas)
The top eight point earners following Sunday afternoon’s semifinals will comprise the $50,000 Derby championship field.
The 81st running of the Three-Eighths Mile championship final will be contested in the twelfth race Saturday afternoon, February 25, and is one of the nation’s longest running stake events.
The Derby is named in honor of humanitarian, greyhound owner and dedicated supporter of greyhound adoption James W. Paul.
Contact: Jeff Prince (561) 683-2222, Ext. 126 / email@example.com